Company Brief History
TUNS Farms Nigeria Limited is an integrated poultry farm with incorporation number RC242709.
The company was established in 1978 and has metamorphosed from arable farming to the integrated set up. it is known for today with specialty operations in;
– Breeder Farm
– Feed Mill
– Contract broiler rearing
– Chicken processing
We possess unrivalled professional and management expertise that cut across the following areas:
• General poultry practice and management:
Our state-of-the-art integrated poultry business incorporates;
– A 43,000 capacity broiler breeder farm
– An ultra-modern Hatchery,
– An 8tons per hour capacity feed mill,
– Commercial broiler production (contract/out-growers scheme)
– 3,000 birds per hour chicken processing facility
• Quality Management:
– We are one of the early adopter of global food safety and quality management system standards in the industry. Our facilities, process steps and operation are set up in conformance with the requirement of Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
– We undergo third party food safety and quality system audits annually in line with ISO FSSC 22000 and QMS 9001 standards.
– We also boast of well-trained and qualified internal auditors who are adept in both local and international regulatory standards.
• Poultry Consultancy, Intervention Scheme Development, Implementation and Management:
Our wealth of experience in poultry management has also been utilized in set up and management of various PPP initiatives as well help others bring their dream of poultry farming to fruition.
• Today, TUNS Farms ranks amongst the top 3 producers of broiler meat in Nigeria controlling 35% of frozen chicken market in the southwest and about 25% in other regions of the country. Our major markets include KFC, ShopRite (through Master Meats), and catering outfits for oil companies and structured open markets in major cities in the country.
• We are the largest private employer of labour in Osun State with about 500 staff; 20% of this being skilled workforce that includes Veterinary Doctors, Animal Scientists, Animal Health Technologist, Animal Nutritionist, Agricultural Engineers, Managers, Marketers and Administrators
• We have remained an industry leader by constant technological evolution of our production processes and development of sustainable food safety and quality management systems.
Apart from our state-of-the-art poultry production technologies which is comparable to what is obtainable in the developed world, we are also into consultancy services on poultry production.